Individuals—Explore the Special Edition of PACS 2010
This special edition of PACS 2010 contains embedded mapping instructions for transforming the deleted PACS 2008 codes into the new 2010 codes. Each deleted code has a "use" instruction, which directs individuals to one or more possible codes in the PACS 2010 scheme.
In this Special Edition:
- N precedes NEW codes, which appear with green highlighting.
- D precedes DELETED codes, which appear with red highlighting.
- M precedes MODIFIED codes, which appear with yellow highlighting.
- S, for SUPERSEDED, precedes the original text of Modified codes.
- Unchanged codes are not preceded by a letter, nor are they highlighted, and are carried over, as is, from PACS 2008.
Click on the links below to navigate to each section of the Special Edition of PACS 2010:
- 10—The Physics of Elementary Particles and Fields
- 20—Nuclear Physics
- 30—Atomic and Molecular Physics
- 40—Electromagnetism, Optics, Acoustics, Heat Transfer, Classical Mechanics, and Fluid Dynamics
- 50—Physics of Gases, Plasmas, and Electric Discharges
- 60—Condensed Matter: Structure, Mechanical and Thermal Properties
- 70—Condensed Matter: Electronic Structure, Electrical, Magnetic, and Optical Properties
- 80—Interdisciplinary Physics and Related Areas of Science and Technology
- 90—Geophysics, Astronomy, and Astrophysics
- Appendix to 43—Acoustics
- Appendix to 91-94 and 96—Geophysics
- Supplement—Nanoscale Science & Technology Terms
The regular edition of PACS 2010 may be found through this link.
Note for Publishers: Publishers are encouraged to contact AIP's Business Development department before using PACS in any publishing or related business activity. Both "PACS" and "Physics and Astronomy Classification Scheme" are registered trademarks of the American Institute of Physics.