Los Alamos National Laboratory

Links

Visit the Los Alamos National Laboratory home page

Visit the Los Alamos National Laboratory history page

Visit the Los Alamos Bradbury Science Museum home page

Also see the Manhattan Project ACAP page

Contents

Laboratory Directors
Staff

Notes

The laboratory at Los Alamos was established in 1943 as part of the Manhattan Engineer District of the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers. The Manhattan Engineer District has itself been established in 1942 to aid the drive toward the completion of an atomic weapon. After the war, the laboratory was turned over to the new U. S. Atomic Energy Commission and renamed the Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory. The Department of Energy continued to oversee the lab when it replaced the AEC in 1977. The laboratory was renamed Los Alamos National Laboratory in 1981.

Laboratory Directors

Director profiles at the Los Alamos National Laboratory website

Staff

Home >> Browse >> Institutions >> Los Alamos National Laboratory